"Kalau cantik, takpa jugak"
A very typical Malay saying that mainly means you can only do so, if you're pretty. Literal translation, "kalau cantik" means if you're pretty. "takpa jugak" means it's fine. The question is, why is it fine to do anything if you're pretty? I didn't know there's a dress code for mistakes. But, the true question in my opinion is, what is the definition of a pretty girl? What is beauty? Who is beautiful? Why is she beautiful? Look, I think some girls are really really beautiful, but other girls are simply beautiful. These are my reasons:
HEART
A lady is beautiful when they have a nice heart. To be honest, everyone is nice in my point of view. Is there ever a bad girl? No matter how bad the girl is, they would always have that respect for older people, for their parents, for teachers and others too. Girls who don't have respect for others, don't really have respect for herself either. Which comes back to my "everyone is beautiful " statement. Never ever have I ever seen a bad girl in front of me because I'm blessed to be surrounded by great people, and great ladies. The heart should be the center of attention in society, not the looks nor the body. Without the heart, a stunning girl with a flawless face would mean absolutely nothing.
FACE
Don't get me wrong. I still think gorgeous girls are extremely gorgeous. But what makes a girl gorgeous? When they have A FACE. In general, a face. A pair of eyes, ears, a mouth and a nose. And not some girl with huge eyes and a sharp nose and such. No. I'm saying, if you have a face, you are beautiful. And if you don't have a perfect face, you're missing an eye, or your nose is deformed, it would make you extra beautiful. Especially when you learn to accept your flaws. A face is just a face. Nothing makes it beautiful if you don't accept your face the way it is.
CONFIDENCE
Nothing beats beauty than confidence. Anyone can look beautiful, as long as they have confidence. I've seen insecure ladies, and they are beautiful. The only thing they lack is confidence. If they have the self-esteem to show the world how beautiful they are, the world would see it. Regarding how you look. Because looks don't matter, right? It's really about your mental and physical. Whether they are beautiful to you or not. It's proven that a person will look better on days she feels confident compared to the days she feels insecure. So chin up, ladies. Wanna look beautiful? Feel beautiful, believe you're beautiful, and embrace it!
BODY
No, I'm not talking about thigh gaps, or collar bones, or even obvious shoulder blades. But I am talking about the legs you have. And the arms you have. Wow, you must be beautiful and blessed to have a pair of those! You are truly beautiful, embrace it. Life is not about thinspo or fat ((sorry)). Heck, there's no such thing as those categories. It's never about what size you are. It's about being grateful with everything you have. Some people are born without legs, or arms, or lost them in a battle but they embrace it the same way you embrace skinny bodies. Difference is, they don't have legs, and they are still content. Those kind of people are a million times more beautiful than girls who would starve themselves for skinnier legs. Like I said before, inner beauty is everything. You don't need thigh gaps to know you're important. You don't need to be a size 0 to be a part of the world. If you are grateful with your body, you embrace it, and always thank God for the blessings, you are good to go.
My point is, beauty is not about the hair colour, or the body size, or the face or anything like that. Those are extra assets to make yourself feel better when self-esteem is not there. But if you don't have self-esteem, what will that result you with? Absolutely nothing. Girls, you are so much better than you think, regarding how you look in the mirror. Because if it wasn't clear enough, everyone is truly beautiful to me, as long as you believe you are. I know you feel insecure and have no confidence at times but if you need me, call me up. I will remind you of how beautiful you are. If you don't have blond hair, or blue eyes, or a size 0 body, or skinny legs, I BELIEVE you are still beautiful in your own beautiful skin. Because beauty is all about the inside. And it should never be about the outside. Believe that you are beautiful, and may the society see what you see in yourself.
Sincerely,
The Abstruse Writer
No comments:
Post a Comment