I really don't want to procrastinate because once I start, it takes forever to stop. Anyway, hey guys. Part 2 of my part 2. The entry earlier. I'm here to make sure you people make the right choices because I always see tweets about being there for a friend but a friend isn't there for them when they need it. Why? Maybe because your friend isn't a friend enough to do his/her job as one. What is a friend? What are the signs that shows he/she is a good friend? Time for some enlightening lol
A friend is someone who is willing to go through rough moments with you. Someone who would stand up for you when you're in trouble. Or simply a friend who would listen to your problems and do whatever it takes to make you smile. Friends are people who wouldn't mind going through pain just for you because he/she is a good enough person to have a heart. A friend is someone who cares about you, and about your life problems. Someone who has a heart, basically.
Why are you making the wrong friends? It doesn't matter how long you've been friends with them, or how much you both have in common. If they don't treat you as a friend, you shouldn't treat them like one. Just please don't waste your time on someone who doesn't make time for you. Don't swim across the sea for someone who wouldn't even jump a puddle for you. It's simple as that.
Choosing your friends may sound difficult but it's actually not. Those cliques you hang around with till the end of the day, do you honestly think they would be there for you when the distance is far away? Some might. If they are your true best friends. But I believe 80% of the "best friends" you make in high school would probably turn into strangers once you go on your own separate ways. Don't believe me? Just wait.
Maybe for the first few months, you might still keep in contact with them. But what happens in a few years? When everyone is busy doing assignments, raising a family, taking care of their folks. You think you can "hang" the way you used to back in the old days? I don't really think so. If they can't be there for you during the good times, what makes you think they'll be there for you for your hard moments in life?
Everyone has their own problems and while trying to settle them, we gain more problems trying to solve other people's issues. Only a true friend would sacrifice to help you get through your problems while the others would just hear it out of curiosity. This is only the cold truth. Ending high school with 2 or 3 best friends would be a blessing. They will stay for you through thick and thin. Not those fake "happy cliques" who constantly back stabs each other.
Why waste your time? If you know they're not good friends, then stop befriending them. It's the easiest thing to do. You may lose them but they lost a really good friend and in my opinion, they're the ones losing. Not you. A good friend is made for another good friend. A fake friend? They'll be given a fake friend and one day, karma will hit them. Cliche, I know. But I believe in karma. I've experienced it so many times.
I've been having writer's block since the beginning of the entry therefore, I'm ending this with a cliffhanger. Sorry guys. It's 10:45 pm here in Malaysia. Stay safe wherever you guys are.
Until next entry.
Sincerely,
The Abstruse Writer
No comments:
Post a Comment